Last updated April 16, 2010
- 1.AGREEMENT TO TERMS
To be eligible to use any NapWar Features, you must be of lawful age. By registering to play, you are certifying on your behalf, or providing authorization to create an account by a parent or guardian, and acknowledge that you meet these eligibility requirements.
You are entirely responsible for ensuring that your account information is current and for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information. You are entirely responsible for any actions taken by you or anyone you allow to access your account. Therefore, you agree to safeguard your account from access by others. If you believe that your account has been compromised, you must immediately notify NapWar.
- 4.PREMIUM FEATURES, AND PAYMENTS
4. 1 BASIC VERSION
The basic version of the game is free to play and upon creating an account, you may play the basic version of the game that is fully playable and with no time limitations.
4.2 PREMIUM FEATURES
NapWar has some Premium Features which are available only upon payment of a fee. Details on which Premium Features are available for a specific game, the costs of such Premium Features, payment options, and any other requirements will be listed on the web page of caplay.com.
4.3 ADJUSTMENT OF FEES AND CHANGES TO PREMIUM SERVICES
Nap War may, at any time, modify the fees for Premium Features or introduce new Premium Features or forms of payment. In the event that NapWar modifies the fee for any Premium Feature, NapWar will provide notice to users before the change will take place. As the Games are developed and improved, NapWar reserves the right to discontinue any Premium Features.
- 5.RULES OF CONDUCT
The Rules of Conduct are guidelines to the user on expected conduct and behavior while playing in Napwar/FOW. These guidelines can change at the sole discretion of Napwar/FOW when deemed as appropriate and provide a safe and enjoyable gaming experience. Not every possible incident or scenario can be covered by these rules of conduct, and they shall be interpreted by the Staff, Administrators, Game Moderators based on their sole judgment as to what may be needed to protect the community and Napwar from malicious or disruptive conduct within the chat or forums. This includes, but is not limited to, enforcement of disciplinary actions that are deemed necessary for the good of the community.
It is a violation of the Rules of Conduct to engage in any of the following:
- • Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.
- • Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another Member or make intentionally inflammatory statements that are unwanted. This includes: saying bad things about Members, Moderators or guests that can be interpreted as being demeaning, insulting, derogatory in nature, maligning the reputation of another, repeatedly sending them unwanted messages, attacking their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- • Posting any type of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated. Neither will posting that encourages or details the personal use of illegal drugs or encourages a drug culture on the site. This includes, but is not limited to, discussion regarding the use of any illegal substance that may impinge upon the mindset of members of the community. Chat is for the purpose of discussing the game and its attributes, and not for public discussion on the use of drugs, however indirect or direct.
- • Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of shouting [typing in all capital letters] in an attempt to disturb other users, “spamming” or flooding [posting repetitive text].
- • Trolling, which we define as posts or threads, which knowingly lead to overly strong negative and emotional responses for mere shock value, is not allowed. Accounts made with the sole intent to “troll” will be immediately and permanently banned. Constant personal attacks are also considered trolling, and players who engage in this type of activity will be dealt with accordingly at the sole discretion of Napwar. If a player is deemed to engage in such activity, banning may occur without further means of recourse on behalf of the player.
- • Posts deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely depending on the nature of the post. This is done to keep proper communication on the forums and allow for the flow of conversation. Posts that have been removed are not to be reposted. Reposting removed posts or making posts questioning the removal may be cause for account suspension.
- • Impersonate another person, indicate falsely that you are an employee or a representative of Napwar/FOW/SOHO Union Intl, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent the company in any manner.
- • Attempt to get a password, other account information, or other private information from a Member or any other user on Napwar. Do not give your password, reminder words, or billing information out to anyone.
- • Buy, sell, or auction (or make available to others the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) an account or game characters, items, credits or copyrighted material or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by Napwar/SOHO Union Intl. This includes accepting payment for assisting players to achieve any type of gain within the game itself such as conquering other players, entities, cities, etc. Participation in this type of activity will lead to disciplinary action that will be carried out by Napwar, and the type of disciplinary action will be determined at the sole discretion of Napwar. Once disciplinary action is executed, it will be without recourse by the player.
- • Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software or uploading files that contain a virus, corrupted data, malware, etc.
- • Post any kinds of messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including, but not limited to, any type of advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- • Using in-game support for reasons such as making false reports to Napwar/FOW.
- • Use or distribute any type of software program or application that allows a player to "cheat" in the game.
- • Modify any part of the Service or website (a “Site”) that is the property of SOHO Union Int'l. This includes, but is not limited to, the making of any site or item on the internet that uses the name of Napwar/FOW/ or SOHO Int'l without the express consent of the company.
- • Post or communicate any player’s real-world personal information (including your own) within world chat, alliance chat, or the game forums.
- • Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the game.
- • Use any bug or glitch to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or telling other players about any such bug or glitch (either directly or through public posting).
- • Attempt to play the game on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by the company.
- • Participate in any online service that provides online features or game play for the game that is not authorized by the company.
- • Do anything that interferes with the ability of other players to enjoy playing the game and using the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of the company in maintaining the game for the enjoyment of all the players.
- • You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Napwar account. Posting profanity or otherwise objectionable content in your profile is also prohibited, including the use of profanity for a character name. You are responsible to make sure your account information, especially your email address, is up-to-date.
- • You will not upload or transmit in any chat or forum, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder. Failure to abide by this rule is grounds for immediate and permanent account closure and legal action.
- • Forum accounts are non-transferable. Registered users are responsible for any actions that take place on their accounts or private messaging systems.
- • If you are suspended, you are prohibited from going back to the forums on an alternate account. If your account is suspended, and you use an alternate account to post, the alternate account will be permanently suspended, and not only will you receive another official warning, but your suspension will be lengthened. The timeframe for any suspension is at the sole discretion of the company and is not negotiable.
- • Do not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, etc. Players do this to draw attention to their posts. We encourage relevant posts with good content that draw the attention of the community.
- • Do not bump posts. The act of bumping a post is considered spamming and contributes nothing constructive to the discussion. There is no need to continually bump it to the top of the list.
- • Petition posts are frowned on. This is a discussion forum. Petitions are usually page after page of signatures and are not constructive. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.
Napwar desires to build a safe and enjoyable community that provides enjoyment for all players. Rules for conduct within the game are based upon the idea that we want to provide the best experience possible for as many players as possible. Therefore, we ask the cooperation of our gaming community in assisting us to create this environment within our gaming platform.
- 6. INGAME SUPPORT POLICY
- • Impersonating a GM/ Moderator/ Administrator or Staff member of FOW
Any player or players attempting to falsely portray themselves as GMs/ Moderators/ Administrators or Staff Members of FOW in an attempt to use authority to gain profit from other players is prohibited. If such action is reported, an investigation into the matter will be opened. If evidence is found that proves that a player has violated this rule through impersonation, swift disciplinary punishment will follow up to and including a permanent ban of the players account.
- • Defrauding a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW
The NapWar Team works extremely hard to settle any concerns or grievances a player may have and often compensates players with fair restitution if it is found that there were any losses because of problems with the game. Thus, there is a certain amount of faith required that what a player tells us is honest and factual. However, if it is later discovered that a player knowingly defrauded a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW, with details that include, but are not limited to, offering falsified information, misdirecting or misleading a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW, or any other actions that attempt to deceive a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW will lead to severe disciplinary punishment. Such punishment will be determined solely by Napwar as to the measures that will be taken against the player. These measures include, but are not limited to, temporary suspension, permanent ban, or the pursuit of legal recourse against the player depending on the severity of the situation.
- • Disobeying the Instructions of a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW
There are times when a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW may either require a player to perform certain actions or refrain from performing certain actions. If you are to involve in an instance that requires a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW to contact you regarding a violation of policy, we ask that you please be cooperative and respectful. Please bear in mind that our goal is to provide a safe gaming environment for the community, and we shall make every effort to insure that such an environment is provided to the community.
- • Denigrating a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW
There have been cases wherein players have made personal attacks on a GM/ Moderator/Administrator or Staff Member of FOW with obscene, defamatory, threatening, abusive, slanderous, demeaning, debasing, or hateful words via chat room, forum, etc. This type of behavior is considered to be completely unnecessary and strictly prohibited. If you become frustrated and find the need to communicate, remember to address your question politely and respectfully, and not make personal attacks upon any person. Should you have additional questions, please forward your query to the following E-mail address: email@example.com. We will not stop working on your problem until we reach a solution.
In case any of the terms above are violated: First time offenders may receive a warning and be temporarily banned from chat. Players that commit the same offense again will find their account suspended for a term decided upon by FOW at its sole discretion, and to be determined by FOW based on the offense. If the terms are violated a third time by the same player, their account will be terminated permanently.
- 7.MULTIPLE ACCOUNT VIOLATION
7. 1 DEFINING MULTIPLE ACCOUNT VIOLATION
If any player is found involved in one of the actions below, it will be considered multiple accounts violation:
1. No player shall have more than one account per server. This includes any accounts associated with the same IP on a server. Players of the same household can play Napwar, however; each player cannot play on the same server as another family member.
2. It is strictly prohibited for a player to give their account login information to another player. If you are logging into the game for another person, it is considered multi-accounting and will be handled accordingly.
7.2 PUNISHMENT FOR MULTIPLE ACCOUNT VIOLATION
1. Warning the violating player for the first violation and abandoning all accounts voluntarily except the main account.
2. Shut down all accounts of the violating player for 72 hours for the second violation.
3. Terminate all accounts of violating player permanently for the third violation. Player will not be permitted to open any new accounts with Napwar at any time.
4. If a player feels that there may have been an error, they may submit a ticket through the home page in the "submit a ticket" area. Napwar reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine whether or not the actions taken should be revised, and the player will be issued a response. Once this step has been taken, there will be no further appeals reviews for this player.
7.3 REPORTING VIOLATION
If you think there is suspected multiple account violators, NapWar requests that you direct a complaint to our Abuse Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If available, please include the following information:
· The date and time of the suspected violation, including the time zone or offset from CST
· Evidence of the suspected violation
- 8.TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
- 9.CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNT
If you want to cancel an account within NapWar and no such option is specifically offered on a game page, you may cancel by sending a message to NapWar via email to email@example.com. Please include detailed information about the account in your email.
- 10.TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Technical requirements, instructions, and rules for the NapWar Features will be listed on each web page within the Site. NapWar does not provide, install, or support any third-party software that may be necessary to run NapWar. You are solely responsible for obtaining and installing any third-party software that may be necessary to run NapWar. NapWar is not liable for damages or loss of data that may be caused by the installation or use of any third-party software.
- 11.SUBMISSIONS BY YOU
The Site and the content are provided on an "as is" basis. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NapWar, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES, RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NapWar makes no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, completeness or suitability of the Site. NapWar cannot and does not warrant against human and machine errors, omissions, delays, interruptions or losses, including loss of data. NapWar cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from this Site will be free of defects or of infection by viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. NapWar cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that any content you post on the Site will remain on the Site. NapWar does not warrant or guarantee that the functions or services performed on the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Site will be corrected.
- 13.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NapWar'S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE WITH NapWar IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE NapWar FEATURES. NapWar AND ITS VENDORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE. THESE EXCLUSIONS FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND EXEMPLARY DAMAGES INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER OR PHONE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF NapWar HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, NapWar'S AND ITS VENDORS LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.